Sunday, November 12, 2006

CAL Islam Awareness Week

I received the information about these speakers from Ahmad, my contact with the Muslim Students Association. Unfortunately the ones I would really want to go to are Monday and Tuesday nights and Monday night I'll be at the Dumb Ox (7:30pm... all the cool people will be there) and Tuesday night I have class. But I'm passing on the dates in case anyone is interested.

--------------------

WHAT IS ISLAM? WHO ARE MUSLIMS?
Come find the answers to your questions during Islam Awareness Week!

The following are the different events we will be holding throughout the week:

- What makes a successful Jihad?--Monday (11/13) - 7 pm, 110 Barrows
-Muslim Women: Unveiling the Truth--Tuesday (11/14) - 7 pm, 2060 VLSB
- Spoken Word: The Voice of Silence with Amir Sulaiman--Wednesday (11/15) - 8 pm, Naia Lounge in Lower Sproul
- The Truth about Palestine--Thursday (11/16) - 7 pm, 2040 VLSB
- The Jumuah Friday Prayer - The Quran: Applications in Daily Life--Friday (11/17) - 1:15 pm, East Pauley Ballroom

No comments: